V2 Solid Rack Bushings are here.
We took some feedback from customers and made a few enhancements. Easier to install, now tighter fitting on the M10 hardware and in a gorgeous new finish.
The first of a series of solid bushing kits, these aluminum bushings press fit into the steering rack and eliminate any squirm in the steering. These are two sided with a press-fit side and a spacer side.
Driver Side Specs:
- 6061 aluminum, machined and knurled and no ORANGE anodized.
- 2 bushings, 2 spacers per kit +retaining compound for easy installation and no rack stress from a press fit.
- Replaces 2 oem rubber-on-steel collar bushings
Install: a shop press is no longer needed and a new tutorial is soon coming. The use of high temp retaining compound allows a simple slip fit and overnight cure making these a breeze to install. Simple removal of the factory bushings via ball joint tool, air hammer or just a standard screw driver.
The second of a series of solid bushing kits, this aluminum rest is press fit into the cross member and then the reinforced urethane belt is placed between the stock mounting clam shell bracket. Must be used with the solid Driver Side kit.
Passenger Side Specs:
- Machined 6061 aluminum, orange anodized
- 1 Lower solid rest plus clam shell urethane belt per kit
- Replaces rubber sandwich bushing, requires alignment at install.
- Reuses stock mounting bracket.
Install: These will install without removing the rack but will require that the belt be centered on the mounting bracket and compressed into place. Contact FIGS with questions.
New instructions on our BLOG here
IS300 SOLID STEERING RACK BUSHINGS V2
- Brand: FIGS Engineering
- Product Code: IS3_RCKBUSH
- Availability: In Stock