2 week build time
As the sport of drifting emerged in the mid 2000's, is300 owners where looking for a steering solution and our original "Hysteer knuckle" worked extremely well, but it was a road race knuckle at heart with stock ackerman and factory camber and steering clearance. We ran quite a few of them and they were expensive to machine given they were made from P20 Mould steel. We resisted making more parts once we ran out because we knew the demands had changed and we needed to incorporate what we have learned in 3 yrs of PROAngle development to make a product that performed much better on a similar budget.
Drift Spec, is the name we have given to a truly drift specific Hysteer that is made for drifting, not as a single part, but as a solution for the overall drift environment. We started with a geometry design taken from PROAngle but tuned for a 50 degree sweep. We added the necessary spindle offset to allow for this clearance with no other mods and a conservative wheel and tire setup. We then took the ackerman out for the knuckle to allow for less scrub in drift and higher speed entries and did away with the lower ball joint completely in favor of a high-load spherical bearing. The precision series spherical bearing adapts to the factory LCA via our monolithic 4140 Chromoly taper stud for adequate support and serviceability.
The final and perhaps most important ingredient was the steering attachment. The factory tie rod end uses a tapered end which is great for ball joints, but in the sport of drifting, rod ends provide much higher loads and therefore have to be adapted to the taper. With this new setup we found that it was most important to offer an option for a high sheer shoulder bolt as a steering connection since this is a common problem with cut knuckles. The result is the most optioned, most integrated steering knuckle available for the IS/Altezza and JZX chassis.
- Laser cut laminated Carbon steel plate with welded bearing cup
- Uses entire steering rack travel with factory tie rod ends. no spacers required.
- 50 degree steering sweep, with factory sized wheels and tires.
- Adds 2 degrees of negative camber.
- Optional RCA spacers for 10mm drop or stock ride height option.
- Class 10.8 Metric Socket Cap bolts.
- OUTER TIE RODS: Extended outer tie rods are required.
- 2GS outer tie rod, or FIGS outer tie rods.
- FIGS outer tie rods are available as taper studs with drop spacers or over-sized shoulder bolts with drop spacers. The more bump steer correction, the longer the shoulder bolt the more stainless spacers are added. This is the level out the tie rod at static ride height.
- Fits LS400 brakes without RCA.
Torque to factory specs (85ft-lbs) and for off road use only. We strongly suggest monitoring bolt torque the first few hundred miles. Clear threads in spindle if possible as we use the most thread we can. Se suggest clearing out the threads with a wire brush or solvent or both.
STEERING KNUCKLE RCA HYSTEER II : DRIFT SPEC IS300, IS200 JZX90/100/110
- Brand: FIGS Engineering
- Product Code: HYSTEERII-DSPEC1
- Availability: MTO 2 Week Build Time