We made a model specific handle assembly for the IS300/Altezza but it was time to take things further and make a universal handle base. The requirements were a lightweight rigid design that would To complement our rear e-brake kit we proudly offer our compound linear hydraulic handle with standard master cylinder designed for the universal use. Like our other handle base, the mechanism guarantees linear actuation of the master cylinder providing bind free/leak free operation of the long term. Our new CNC handle adds an extremely light weight and ergonomic flair to the design with a trigger slot and a hex cap making it easy to grab during battle.
- 16ga formed and reinforced steel base cage construction.
- Compound linear mechanism keeps master piston perfectly aligned and allows multiple leverage options.
- Designed for standard compact master cylinders, 5/8", 3/4" and 7/8" piston offered as options or use your own.
- PTFE-Bronze bushings used at friction interfaces for smooth action.
- FIGS Exclusive lightweight HL(HEX-LATTICE) design in either CNC machined aluminum or laser-cut steel. 16" tall from lower pivot.
- Base is designed to use through hole bolts and washers in the hex perforation making multi-plane mounting possible to allow universal fitment and lighter mounting bracket designs.
- Parking brake cam lock designed to not interfere during operation. 3 positions based on master cylinder throw
- Complete solution weighs just under 3lbs with our CNC handle.
- Fully custom options available to "make it yours".
"Make it yours"
We strive to make the most unique products possible and that might mean a change in profile, length, finish and design. If you have ideas for a design or have custom mounting considerations we are here to make your vision a reality. Please contact us to discuss custom design services. Custom designs start @ $200 and are based on the hourly effort required, setup times and machining times. Custom finishes can be brushed, bead blasted, transparent powdercoating and combinations of the above. We can also retro fit handles to popular handbrake bases as part of this service.
Master cylinder options:
The larger the piston, the more fluid per stroke length meaning the distance to pull will be shorter. Typically the guideline is a 5/8" piston to actuate a 2 pot rear caliper and a 3/4" or 7/8" to actuate a 4 piston. The larger the piston, the less travel will be required to actuate the e brake.
If you need help selecting please contact us.
All connections are 1/8" npt, banjo versions available on request.
AFCO integrated reservoir master cylinder
2011-1912 3/4" (recommended for 4-pot calipers)
Wilwood integrated reservoir master cylinder
260-2636 5/8" (recommended for 2-pot calipers)
260-1304 3/4" (recommended for 4-pot calipers)
Wilwood compact remote mount reservoir master cylinder
260-10371 5/8" (recommended for 2-pot calipers)
260-10372 3/4" (recommended for 4-pot calipers)
260-13621 7/8" (recommended for large 4-pot, or 6-pot calipers)
Wilwood Girling (in-line) master cylinder
260-6087 5/8" (recommended for 2-pot calipers)
260-6089 3/4" (recommended for 4-pot calipers)
A mounting platform will need to be made to support the handle towards the outer edge of the lower baseplate. The hex perforations at the corner can be used with a flange head bolt to spread the load out as much as possible. If possible mount in 3 separate locations to split the load along 3 axes. Verify cage does not flex in mounting position when the fluid system is bled and full pressure is applied.
Handle position can be adjusted via either of the 2 clevis mounts we suggest using a small Phillips head screw driver that is close to 5/16" to hold the handle pivot and idler pivot during adjustment to simply things. Make sure bronze bushings are seated in the slot and mounting pivot prior to actuating.
Watch Mats Baribeau pilot his JZX100 with our handbrake in the saddle.
HYPER HYDRAULIC (DRIFT) E-BRAKE COMPOUND HANDLE +MASTER UNIVERSAL
- Brand: FIGS Engineering
- Product Code: HYP-HYD-EBRK-UNI-HNDL-IL
- Availability: In Stock