Making Lowering Simple
The impact of lowering a second gen IS or 3rd gen GS is dramatic. Camber, toe and increased tire wear all become issues due to the lack of adjustment provided by the factory. This kit provides the major replacements parts to reduce tire wear and add alignment control for a lowered car beyond factory specs.
This Essential Kit includes:
- 2IS/3GS Sport/SuperSport MEGA arms or RACE version MEGA arms: Adds camber adjustment, shock angle/bias adjustment, Sway endlink mount options for preload choices. Eliminates torsional bushing that hinders performance. On IS-F vehicles we strongly suggest our RACE V2 or SuperSport arms for the added bracing and for higher HP support.
- 2IS/3GS Rear Toe Links: Reduces bump steer, infinite adjustement of toe settings via linkage length vs OEM which uses inner mount location. Allows both additional negative camber for traction and fitment without sacrificing tire wear via matching stroke with MEGA arms.
- Front LCA Rear Bushing: Corrects critical factory shortcoming of a fluid-filled control arm bushing with a more stable polyurethane bushing. This stabilized toe during braking and cornering and prolongs tire life. 80 durometer for most IS250 and 350 applications and High-Performance 90 Duro bushing for the IS-F or spirted driver. GS applications are per preference of driver. Standard centered bushings are typical. To resolve a slight pull left or right then choose the single offset version. To increase caster then choose the double offset version.
- option to have #2 bushing installed in a bracket as well. This will simplfy the installation process and not require any press-work.
Package includes free upgraded Grey Pearl Metallic powdercoating on toe links as well as FXM MOTO rod ends, the most durable rod end option we offer.
Note for the IS-F we strongly suggest 90 duro bushings and our Race Version MEGA arms upgrade for support and additional gusseting for the higher horsepower. Since we have found that the 90 duro does not increase NVH by a noticable amount we are no longer stocking the 80 durometer version. It is available special order only.
Offset bushings provide suspension correction for caster changes to the front LCA.
Please allow up to 2 weeks for build.
MEGA ARM INSTALL GUIDE
Note: Specific hardware may change or improve based on design improvements. Pictures are representative of quality.
During installation the inner cam eccentric bolt should be rotated such that the mount is all the way inward, thus maximizing the length of the linkage. By maximizing length, the toe link will provide the least amount of bumpsteer during travel, which is desireable.
ISX50 anf GEN3 GS links feature a biased spacer arrangement. By Default the longer spacer should face the rear of the vehicle. Toe link nut should be torqued to 52-ft-lbs
When installed the inner rod end and outer rod end should be clocked 90 degrees with respect to one another. Having the rod ends pinned against the end of their misalignment will cause premature wear and potential failure. The help clock rod ends the rod end can be rotated with a open wrench while the jam nut is held. Note this only works to rotate into tight, if rotated towards loose then the jam nut will come unset. That means LH would be rotated counterclockwise and RH(outer rod ends) would be clockwise relative to the rod end looking into the end of the tube.
Follow the quick install card that is included with the links and shown below and only use dry PTFE lube for lubrication. Refer to our YouTube guide on how to lubricate rod ends. Never grip the top nut
of the taper stud assembly as this is a fixed nut to hold the stack of spacers to the stud. Use an impact driver or taper pressure to allow starting of the retaining nut.
FIGS MEGA ARMS GEN2 IS/IS-F GEN3 GS ESSENTIAL KIT FOR LOWERING
- Brand: FIGS Engineering
- Product Code: GEN2ISMEGAEssential
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: essential kit, essential, is-f, isf, gs350, is250, is350, fsport, is250c, is350c, gs430, gs460, 2is, 3gs, camber kit, camber, LCA, TOE, BRACKET, #2, LOWERING, TIRE, WEAR, SUPER, SPORT, SUPERSPORT, RACE, VERSION, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013