The first of a series of solid bushing kits, these aluminum bushings press fit into the steering rack and eliminate any squirm in the steering. A bearing service tools can be used if a shop press is not available.
Driver Side Specs:
- 6061 aluminum, machined and knurled
- 4 bushings per kit install from outside in a clam shell configuration.
- Replaces 2 oem rubber-on-steel collar bushings
- Orange anodized
Install: It is suggested that the rack be removed and that these would be pressed in via a shop press from the front of the rack, however it is also possible to press them from the back side and slip the bushing in-between the rack and the front sub frame. Using a ball joint tool, you can eject and install the bushings while installed it is just a little tricky to get room around the lines when installed.
The second of a series of solid bushing kits, this aluminum rest is press fit into the cross member and then the reinforced urethane belt is placed between the stock mounting clam shell bracket. Must be used with the solid Drivers Side kit.
Passenger Side Specs:
- Machined 6061 aluminum
- 1 Lower solid rest plus clam shell urethane strap per kit
- Replaces rubber sandwich bushing, requires alignment at install.
- Reuses stock mounting bracket.
Install: These will install without removing the rack but will require that the belt be centered on the mounting bracket and compressed into place. Contact FIGS with questions.
DIY thread from IS300 installation
GEN 2 GS GS300/400/430 SC430 SOLID STEERING RACK BUSHINGS
- Brand: FIGS Engineering
- Product Code: 2GSSC_RCKBUSH
- Availability: In Stock