AND BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!
BACK IN STOCK 8-22-17
Have you ever noticed that when you drive your car on a cool day it has a lot more power? How would it be to always drive with more power even when your engine is pushed hard?
Driven by the need to keep the over-passing intake air cool, FIGS has developed a new header heatshield for the IS300 and GS300 application. Our V2 has taken us a long time to perfect due to the complicated interface between panels. The mount is now a vibration damped stainless steel with a star engagement mount for long life. We eliminated all welding for consistency and now use stainless hardware with locking fasteners pressed into the sheet metal for a rugged interface to last many years. The shield portion is made from 5052 aluminum, these shields are guaranteed to be the most effective, rattle-free, stylish pieces on the market. The best part is that the heatshield is designed to constantly keep the intake cooler and resist heat soak by allowing the airflow to pass over it and exit the draft opening in the underside of the car. This is in stark contrast to other products that lock in the hot air under the shield which is prone to heat soak over time. A true "Heat Management System!"
During dyno testing, we observed 3- 4HP gain and 38-degree temp differential on bare aluminum shield and a 38-degree temp differential on the surface of the intake vs the shield. These results are with the hood open and poor airflow so we expect results while driving to be even better.
- V2 design is modular: Mount, Stiffener, and Shield
- Confirmed 3-4whp on our na IS300 on the dyno. Greater power gains when driving.
- Aluminum design blocks IR radiation keeping the intake tubing cool.
- Proprietary design is open in the front to allow cross flow air to cool the shield and vent heated air out the underside of the car...no heat soak!
- "F" Stiffener preloads the shield to prevent rattles
- Easy installation, installs in as little as 5 minutes without removing the intake.
- Mounts to the Aluminum head (head bolt included.)
- Now available as bare aluminum or CeraKote ceramic coated. Choose up to 2 custom colors to coat the stiffener or the base shield from the NIC Industries color chart or request a list of custom colors. add to comments in your order.
- Confirmed to fit on GS300's as well as IS300's
Checkout our install video here
IS300/GS300 HEADER HEATSHIELD V2
- Brand: FIGS Engineering
- Product Code: header-hs300V2
- Availability: In Stock