The stock TRAC (or traction) links on the FR-S and BRZ/GT86 are fairly stout but they do have several weaknesses, adjustability and staked rubber bushings. FIGS has taken a long time to develop an OEM quality solution that allows easy adjustment, long product service life and increased rigidity to handle the high horsepower on the circuit. Tested on the Vision performance 850whp LS7 Formula Drift FRS we made sure they could handle the most extreme conditions. This trac link will allow longer wheel base and a more favorable rear bumpsteer adding high speed stability and control. We took a fresh approach using a heavy 3/4" grade 8 stud with a welded terminal nut on the opposing side. These two pieces sandwich and reinforce the flange on the link and ensure minimal deflection under acceleration and braking loads. On the chassis side we decided to use heavy duty MOTO rods ends that have a 3/4" shaft thickness and a 5/8" eye. The radial load rating is 31680 Lbs.! DOM steel tubing finishes the recipe for a firmly planted rear end that will give confidence during cornering as the last piece in the rear suspension puzzle comes together.
Location:Front Lower of rear suspension.
Influence: Location support of rear knuckle under acceleration and braking, Centering of wheel in wheel well during alignment.
SET = 2 TRAC links 1 for each side
- Folded and fully boxed to prevent shearing.
- Top construction TIG welded Clevis and Pulse MIG clevis to tube weldment with Chromo stud featuring rolled threads.
- DOM steel tube design for highest strength possible.
- Designed for adjustment off vehicle with single adjustment on the rod end side. We find typically trac links are adjusted once and the toe and LCA are the primary adjustment for on-vehicle alignment. This also maintains the maximum stiffness on this bent linkage.
- HEAVY DUTY Slot Injection Molded Race (2-P)MOTO and Precision (3-P) rod end choices, PTFE lined.
- Grade 8 3/4" Hardware-Coupled Clevis to TIG welded terminal nut.
- SUS303 FIGS rod end spacers for precision chassis mount.
- Includes tubing for alignment gripping.
- Rubber Boots available as special order. NOTE that this means more maintenance. Rubber boots require that occasional dry lube inside the boot to prevent the rubber from interferring with the rod end race. Contact FIGS for more information or questions.
Current leadtime on these is 2-3 weeks.
Note: Specific hardware may change or improve based on design improvements. Pictures are representative of quality.
Min length is Stock length
FIGS TRAC Links (Trailing Arms) FR-S BRZ GT86
- Brand: FIGS Engineering
- Product Code: FR-SBRZ86-TRACV1
- Availability: In Stock